A strong and supportive blockchain community is a valuable asset to the entire industry.
A peer-to-peer network for executives and experts in the blockchain industry gives us the opportunity to work together to develop and promote new applications, share resources and knowledge and provide support for each other.
This type of generous collaboration within the industry can drive innovation and create a sense of trust and security for users, which is essential for widespread adoption.
Personal benefits of a blockchain community
As you think about joining a blockchain community, here are some of the personal benefits to consider. You can:
- Gain increased knowledge through mentoring, masterminding and sharing lessons learned.
- Collaborate with others in the industry to develop new use cases.
- Feel a sense of trust and security that comes from knowing you are part of a supportive group.
- Feel like you belong to something larger than yourself. In a study by Better Up, quoted in a Harvard Business Review article, “high belonging was linked to a whopping 56% increase in job performance, a 50% drop in turnover risk, and a 75% reduction in sick days.” (1)
- Know that you are part of something that is making a difference in changing the way we do business over the next few decades.
- Connect with influential leaders across industries.
- Have the opportunity to give back by mentoring or sharing your own expertise with others.
- Know that you are part of a curated group of connections and contacts.
- Raise your own profile through the social proof of your new connections.
- Receive inspiration and motivation that allows you to revel in the diversity of experience, opinion, ideas, knowledge and solutions of the group. There's always someone doing something interesting or amazing.
- Explore potential partnership opportunities.
- Increase your brand visibility.
- Have fun! By being part of a community, you have the opportunity to meet and get to know like-minded experts in your industry.
Joining a community
When you are ready to join a blockchain community, make sure you:
- Look for online communities specific to the blockchain industry that offer forums, chat rooms or other ways to connect with others.
- Are an active member in order to receive full benefits. Attend group events, both live and virtual, so you can meet more people. These are great places to network and learn from others in the community.
- Connect personally with the group's thought leaders and influencers.
- Get involved in mentoring, sharing resources and becoming a thought leader in the group yourself.
- Give back to the community by sharing your own expertise and knowledge.
Impacting the blockchain industry
A strong blockchain community is integral to the success of the blockchain industry as a whole. When experts within a community gather together regularly to collaborate and share best practices, messaging, technology, mentoring and support, it projects stability and credibility to the other industries and business leaders with whom they interact.
A blockchain community provides leaders like you with the support you need in order to explain blockchain technology to those who don’t yet see its benefits so you can demonstrate those benefits across multiple industries.
As the blockchain industry continues to grow, it is important that we have a community of blockchain executives and experts who can come together regularly to develop and promote new applications and technologies, share our knowledge and resources and support each other.
Whether you are a start-up organization, or you've been around for a while, there's something to Richard Branson's words,
"It's always good to have a helping hand at the start. No matter how incredibly smart you think you are, or how brilliant, disruptive or plain off-the-wall your new concept might be, every start-up team needs at least one good mentor." - Richard Branson, founder and CEO of Virgin.
Who will be the mentors, colleagues and innovative partners that will bring your organization to the next level?
Become an active member of an innovative blockchain community to link up with like-minded peers and make a difference for the future of finance and business.